This course is designed for experts from any field of occult practice who wish to deliver training in an online context. It is built upon sound principals of pedagogy and educational technology.
'Magical Tutor' is an interactive, group course. It consists of 5 weekly units (35 hours in total) covering:
- Access & Setting - In Unit 1 we’ll familiarize ourselves with the Moodle virtual learning environment by doing a series of ice-breakers that use various tools within Moodle. We’ll consider how to ensure that learners can use the system effectively while at the same time encouraging active participation and developing a friendly online community.
- Online Socialization - Unit 2 is based on the concept of learning being a social process, and looks at how a tutor can encourage interaction in a learner-centred online environment. We’ll also think about learner types and how to cater for these.
- Information Exchange - Online learning environments allow a multitude of ways to present multimedia content. In this unit, we’ll cover some principles of multimedia learning, and experiment with a range of tools and online resources.
- Knowledge Construction - In Unit 4 we’ll consider how the interactions we encouraged in the socialization stage can be developed to facilitate deep learning through social constructivism. We’ll also start our group projects, which will be used for assessment.
- Reflection & Development - Finally, we’ll look at how to bring a course to an
end. We’ll consider assessment in the online context, and think about how to
ensure that our learners leave our courses with the confidence to continue
their learning autonomously.
This online course is designed for occultists from any field, who wish to design and deliver their own online courses using the Moodle virtual learning environment (VLE).Participants with free course access will need to have their own Moodle site in order to create their own courses.
Our sponsor, DigiTEFL, can provide you
with your very own Moodle site incorporating
Big Blue Button -
the virtual classroom (VC) platform. They also include the free
installation of WordPress … the
popular app for creating websites.
With a Moodle virtual learning environment (VLE), Big Blue Button
virtual classroom (VC), a WordPress website and a .com domain, you'll have
everything you need to deliver professional online education around the world.
- $90 for installation of all services, domain + 3 months' web hosting
- $10 a month web hosting